MTCWE – MikroTik Certified Wireless Engineer.
Trainer: Alfredo Giordano.
March, 23th – 24th, 2015, MUM Europe Official Training, Prague, Czech Republic. Language: English.
Mikrotik Certified Wireless Engineer is a second level advanced certification for the MikroTik certification path. The course is designed for Anybody who wants to use 802.11a/b/g/n/ac networks, anybody who wants to update about WiFi standards, who wants to improve knowledge about MikroTik proprietary wireless standards, who wants to become a MikroTik Certified Wireless Engineer, anybody that wants to join the MikroTik Wireless community. We will pay particular attention to outdoor and indoor hi-performing wireless networks.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: this course includes training, food for lunch and coffee breaks for the training days! For Airport Transfers and Accommodation kindly contact us for assistance.
- Date and time: March 23th to 24th 2015 – 9:00 to 17:00 BEFORE MUM Europe Prague
- Location : Pivorar Hotel – Freyova 12/1 Prague 9 – Vysočany 190 00, Czech Republic
- Cost: €700
- Group limited to 8 people.
- Required MTCNA certification (if not entitled of MTCNA may still attend training but will not be admitted to certification exam), knowledge of radio frequency (RF) operations is desirable but not mandatory. good knowledge of TCP/IP protocol, required tools (see below)
Here at TikTrain we are very serious and scrupulous about certification. We strongly suggest to study wireless issues before attending (see below) to achieve the maximum possible results from the training days. Any further suggestion you may need please do not doubt in contacting us.
The course provides al the elements needed to operate a wireless system based on Mikrotik RouterOS hardware and software. Before the main topics some refreshement about Radio Frequency (RF) and Networks will be made. Training describes the various wireless standard protocols (802.11 based a/b/g/n/ac) as well as the proprietary mikrotik protocols (nestreme, nv2)
It contains various laboratory exercises to strengthen the understanding of theoretical concepts and operational capacity. The course follows the official program Mikrotik and consists of the following modules:
- RF Basics indoor & outdoor
- Wireless Systems and Standards 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Wireless Tools & Troubleshooting
- Wireless Advanced Settings
- Wireless Security
- WDS and MESH
- Wireless Bridging
- Nstreme Protocol
- Nv2 Protocol
- Practical laboratories on every topic
- Online Certification Test
The complete official program of the course is available here
- All reservations and payments must be made before March 8th.
- Cancellation are allowed anytime. An administrative fee of € 100 will be retained in case of cancellation.
|Monday 23:||Tuesday 24:|
The course includes
- Training material printed and pdf
- MTCWE certification
- L4 RouterOS License (if approved)
- Usage of a MikroTik Router for laboratory tests.
- Coffee breaks
- A good understanding of TCP/IP and MikroTik Routers interface
- Basic practice with Wireless Antenna Systems and RF
- Basic Networking concepts
- Laptop with Windows (or any system that can run winbox)
- 3 Cat5 Ethernet cables of at least 5ft
- Power strip
- The certification exam will be held online in English on the MikroTik website
- The results will be immediately available
- MTCWE examination includes both questions about Mikrotik and RF in general
- The use of online translators will be allowed
- The minimum score required to pass is 60% if you get a score of 50% to 60 % you will be granted of a second chance.
- The MTCWE certificate will be immediately available in your MikroTik account
Pivorar Hotel – Freyova 12/1 Prague 9 – Vysočany 190 00, Czech Republic
The hotel is just across the street from Clarion Congress Palace where the MUM Europe will take place.
Pivorar Hotel is offering a discounted rate for all the trainees for any information about this accommodation contact +420 283 892 150 or Pivovar Hotel website
MikroTik has also negotiated special rates for the MUM events you can contact +420 211 131 151 or this page
Others Hotels nearby offer good accomodations as well check them on trivago
How to get there:
– By plane: check your flight with skyscanner then from Vaclav Havel Airport take a Prague Shuttle or Bus No. 100 to Zličín Metro station (B line) and by metro to Vysočanská station (direction Černý most).
– By train: From Hlavní nádraží (Main Station) take line C of the Metro to Florenc station (direction Letňany), change to line B (direction Černý Most). Exit at Vysočanská station and head for Fénix.
– Here is a map: