MTCTCE – MikroTik Certified Traffic Control Engineer.
Trainer: Matthew Ciantar, Alfredo Giordano.
March, 25th – 26th, 2015, MUM Europe Official Training, Prague, Czech Republic. Language: English.
Mikrotik Certified Traffic Control Engineer is an advanced Certification of MikroTik career that covers in details QoS, Firewall and DHCP. It is intended for network administrators interested in designing and implementing advanced traffic control and firewall policies with MikroTik routers.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: this course includes training, food for lunch and coffee breaks for the training days! For Airport Transfers and Accommodation kindly contact us for assistance.
- Date and time: March 25th to 26th 2015 – 9:00 to 17:00 BEFORE MUM Europe Prague
- Location : Pivorar Hotel – Freyova 12/1 Prague 9 – Vysočany 190 00, Czech Republic
- Cost: €700
- Group limited to 8 people.
- Required MTCNA certification (if not entitled of MTCNA may still attend training but will not be admitted to certification exam), good knowledge of TCP/IP protocol, required tools (see below)
Course is a detailed overview on the traffic control teqniques of Mikrotik RouterOS. Training covers many Technologies used for QoS and firewalling and is organized in the following modules:
- DNS management in RouterOS
- static and dynamic DHCP leases
- Bandwidth control and network impact
- Firewall – tables and chains
- Types of network traffic
- Firewalling best practices
- Protecting your infrastructure, client and servers
- Connection tracking
- Various type of NAT
- QOS and Mangle understanding Mangle table
- Queue Tree and Simple Queues
- Online certification exam
The complete official program of the course is available here
- All reservations and payments must be made before March 8th.
- Cancellation are allowed anytime. An administrative fee of € 100 will be retained in case of cancellation.
|Wednesday 25:||Thusday 26:|
The course includes
- Training material printed and pdf
- MTCTCE certification
- L4 RouterOS License (if aprooved)
- Usage of a MikroTik Router for laboratory tests.
- Coffee breaks
- Laptop with Windows (or any system that can run winbox)
- 3 Cat5 Ethernet cables of at least 5ft
- Power strip
- The certification exam will be held online in English on the MikroTik website
- The results will be immediately available
- MTCTCE test includes generalized questions about Mikrotik and specific questions about NAT, QoS and Firewall
- The use of online translators will be allowed
- The minimum score required to pass is 60% if you get a score of 50% to 60 % you will be granted of a second chance.
- MTCTCE certificate will be imediately available in your MikroTik account
Pivorar Hotel – Freyova 12/1 Prague 9 – Vysočany 190 00, Czech Republic
The hotel is just across the street from Clarion Congress Palace where the MUM Europe will take place.
Pivorar Hotel is offering a discounted rate for all the trainees for any information about this accommodation contact +420 283 892 150 or Pivovar Hotel website
MikroTik has also negotiated special rates for the MUM events you can contact +420 211 131 151 or this page
Others Hotels nearby offer good accomodations as well check them on trivago
How to get there:
– By plane: check your flight with skyscanner then from Vaclav Havel Airport take a Prague Shuttle or Bus No. 100 to Zličín Metro station (B line) and by metro to Vysočanská station (direction Černý most).
– By train: From Hlavní nádraží (Main Station) take line C of the Metro to Florenc station (direction Letňany), change to line B (direction Černý Most). Exit at Vysočanská station and head for Fénix.
– Here is a map: